What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- Saturday 10:30 Secret Garden Cafe. Friends of Bute Park will be there for conservation whatever the weather. Minc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Sorry Bute Park Ranget decided to cancel the conservation event as I know many of you Friends brave were looking fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Apologies for the cancellation of the Conservation event due to bad weather. Next date is 8th December. Hope to see you there. 1 month ago
- Peter Finch event cancelled due to injury. Apologies but will be rearranged. Sympathy to Mr Finch. 1 month ago
- Meet for walk at Secret Garden at 9am on Sunday 25th November18. 2 months ago
- Sunday 25th November 9a.m. Walk in Bute Park listen to birds. 2 months ago
Bute Park website