What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- We last met on the 19th May at our usual picnic table by the river. Our eager volunteers had us moving on at 11:10… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- CONSERVATION. Planting flowers 10:30 Meet Secret Garden table by river. 11/05/19. Stout shoes and weather proof clothing please. 2 weeks ago
- HIMALAYAN Balsam pulling. 11am 5th May 19. Table by river next to Secret Garden Cafe. It's that time again! 3 weeks ago
- That's correct 6:30 a.m. Via the red bridge/Summer house cafe/Millennium Bridge entrance. Early birds all. 1 month ago
- Reminder: the Dawn Chorus walk is this Thursday, meeting at 6.30am by the Summer House Cafe end of the Millennium Bridge. 1 month ago
- @buteparkcardiff @The_RHS Photos of the winning entries would be fantastic. There were so many good entries this year. 1 month ago
Bute Park website