What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- Sadly due to issues at the AGM 99 per cent of the Committee resigned, so the Friends of Bute Park is being mothball… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Has anybody had an encounter with a dog named Zoe. No muzzle and off the lead had a go at one of the walkers in th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Great walk with Barry Embling after our AGM. Disappointing turn out for AGM. Please show your support by renewing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- We will see a lot of our Friends of Bute Park friends at the AGM being held today. Looking forward to it. 3 months ago
- We last met on the 19th May at our usual picnic table by the river. Our eager volunteers had us moving on at 11:10… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- CONSERVATION. Planting flowers 10:30 Meet Secret Garden table by river. 11/05/19. Stout shoes and weather proof clothing please. 5 months ago
Bute Park website