What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- Conservation with the Ranger. Meet 10:30 table by river Secret Garden Cafe. Wear appropriate clothes. Bring fami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Summer house Cafe table by river at 11am. Don't turn up at Secret Garden as wrong cafe but we'll do a fly past. 2 weeks ago
- @gjpaterson Unfortunately we are a few people short of an army needed for all these areas. Very proud of the work… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Fungus walk 10am today Saturday. Meet picnic table by river. Nature lovers only. Children welcome. Dogs welcome… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Saturday's incredible sight. https://t.co/lpZM4R09WD 4 weeks ago
- Over the Blackweir Woods Path. https://t.co/HAuyYjXa3f 4 weeks ago
Bute Park website