What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- Looking forward to 2018 and Spring and Summer when we can get busy on the Balsam again. 1 week ago
- https://t.co/v4f3u7z8BJ 1 week ago
- December's Conservation event at Bute Park has been cancelled due to outside events. See you in January. Have a lovely festive break. 1 week ago
- Conservation event hopefully still going ahead Saturday 11th November. We will meet at 10:30 by the Education Cent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- If you are a Friends of Bute Park Member, we are hoping to hold a social event. All details are on the email that… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- The price we will charge will depend on how many we will be printing but should be around £6.00 - £7.00 (to include… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Bute Park website