What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- Bird Walk quiet dogs and children very welcome. Stout shoes needed. 24/3/18 10:30 Summerhouse cafe. 1 day ago
- 24th March Bird Walk 10:30 Summerhouse Cafe 1 day ago
- Planting the whips this Saturday. Meet 10:30 outside Secret Garden nursery/Education Centre. 1 week ago
- Planting the slips cancelled due to weather. It will take place on 10th March. Meet 10:30 near the Secret Garden/Education Centre. 2 weeks ago
- 3 March 2018 Planting whips of berried trees. Meet 10:30 outside Education Centre/Nursery as usual. 4 weeks ago
- Well done to all those who planted Hollies in the rain especially our youngest volunteer and his Dad; also the trai… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Bute Park website