What a great turn-out! Thirty people, members of the Friends of Bute Park and the Cardiff Rivers Group met at Blackweir Bridge at 10.00am on Saturday morning. After a safety briefing and arming ourselves with grabbers and bags, we split up and went in search of litter, either to be disposed of as rubbish or collected for recycling. After a couple of hours hard work we had collected more bags than there were people along with an odd assortment of tyres, metalwork and a 70 year old semi-submerged motor car! It’s dirty work but someone has to do it and, as the last photograph shows, actually rather good fun. We plan to do another session in a couple of weeks time!
- @buteparkcardiff @The_RHS Photos of the winning entries would be fantastic. There were so many good entries this year. 3 days ago
- CONSERVATION 6/4/19 @ 10:30. Stout footwear and appropriate clothes. Meet by Secret Garden. Hopefully at table ne… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Peter Finch talk taking place in larger room so email Mike Harper email@example.com. £3.00 per person 1 month ago
- Sorry Conservation is actually Saturday 9th March. Meet 10:30 Secret Garden Cafe. Whoever first grab table by river. 1 month ago
- CONSERVATION CANCELLED Thursday due to promise of bad weather. Ranger is hoping February 9th will be better. Sorry to have to cancel. 2 months ago
- 31st January 2019. Thursday. Trimming hedge and other work with Bute Park ranger. Meet near Secret Garden table by river 10:30. 2 months ago
Bute Park website